Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College Safeguarding Statement
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play(Keeping Children Safe in Education, DfE 2019)
At GGSK College we promise to:
- Have a Leadership Team who are committed to the importance of safeguarding and promoting young peoples’ welfare.
- Have a whole staff team who are made aware of how young people will be protected and safeguarded within the school and are fully aware of how to report any concerns over their protection, safeguarding and welfare.
- Have a clear statement of responsibility in relation to safeguarding as laid out in our Safeguarding Policy, Health & Safety Policy, Recruitment Policy and Induction Policy.
- Have clear lines of accountability within the school that are again exemplified through our Safeguarding Policy.
- Provide opportunities for young people to express their views and feelings which is supported through the school’s use of Independent Visitors, the Complaints procedure, The School Council, as well as accessibility of all staff including, senior managers, and Child Line information and guidance that is readily available throughout the school.
- Provide training to staff in relation to safeguarding and protection of young people that will be provided at the intervals laid out in the Safeguarding policy and the national regulation and guidance.
- Have recruitment procedures that support the safeguarding of young people, as laid out in the school’s Recruitment policy and DBS Clearance procedure and national guidance.
- Work effectively with other Agencies and Parents/Carers who are directly concerned with the safeguarding and welfare of the young person, as set out in the school’s Safeguarding Policy, First Aid Policy Data Protection policy.